Never one to shy away from providing an opinion, James Hansen, head of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies, was arrested yesterday, along with hundreds of other protesters outside the White House, during an ongoing demonstration this week against TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion pipeline.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is to decide later this year whether the pipeline is in the best interest of the US. If given the go ahead, the pipeline would carry oil from the tar sands of Alberta, Canada, across six U.S. states to the Gulf Coast.
Protest organizer Matt Leonard told news reporters that Hansen was released from police custody within a few hours.
- sosinbel-air likes this
- melichiki98 likes this
- brans1989 reblogged this from leetakeuchi
- timepiece-godtech reblogged this from leetakeuchi
- toszizou reblogged this from d-coded
- d-coded reblogged this from leetakeuchi
- joeloel reblogged this from leetakeuchi and added:
- rominavaldizan reblogged this from leetakeuchi
- ibemellie likes this
- zeeloveeeeee reblogged this from leetakeuchi
- oxymoronstastedelicious reblogged this from leetakeuchi
- sl0ths-and-stuff likes this
- leetakeuchi reblogged this from discoverynews and added:
- ruleta-online likes this
- dreams-from-my-father reblogged this from ausetkmt
- ausetkmt reblogged this from discoverynews and added:
- discoverynews posted this